Inter Milan and Barcelona have halted negotiations regarding the transfer of the Argentine forward Lautaro Martinez. However, Barça remains calm about the situation as the 22-year-old striker has shown that he wants to join Barcelona alongside his international team-mate, Lionel Messi.
Currently, the Lautaro Martinez operation is completely under control, according to Spanish newspaper Sport. Despite the fact that Inter plans to keep the Argentine at the club, Lautaro is clear about his decision of playing alongside Messi – and Inter knows about this.
Lautaro has been inconsistent in his performances ever since football’s return after the Coronavirus break and sources state that this is mainly due to the evolvement of his transfer out of the Italian club. Even though Inter coach Antonio Conte has avoided criticizing the player’s poor performances lately, the Italian manager brought Lautaro on from the bench against Fiorentina on Wednesday.
Inter’s intention is to at least find Lautaro’s replacement before continuing the negotiations with Barcelona, but that seems very difficult considering the current economic crisis in the football world. Barcelona has told Lautaro that he will be a starter next season, and this promise is pleasant enough for the Argentine to join the Blaugrana. The two clubs will return to negotiations on August 2.
La Liga chief Javier Tebas talks summer transfers and fan return to stadiums
In a conference held by ADEA Forum (Association of managers and executives of Aragon) in Zaragoza, Javier Tebas spoke on a wide range of topics surrounding La Liga.
Mostly, the La Liga president spoke regarding the league’s bounce back from the pandemic and some potential plans for the league to restore public crowds. He also discussed the losses incurred, the summer transfers, among other things.
The Condition of La Liga
Tebas started the conference by claiming that the situation for the Spanish league is comparatively better than other leagues.
Speaking on this, he said, “The situation is worrying, but not so much. I think that of this pandemic the Spanish League is the one that is going to turn out less badly compared to the others.”
He then spoke about the losses incurred in Spanish football, with the net loss amounting to €1 billion by the 30th of September.
On the losses, Tebas said, “Of this billion, 750 have been financed by banks or investment funds, the latter the majority based in London, and the rest have been done by the clubs pulling their cash.”
Additionally, he mentioned that it was big clubs that were affected stronger than the smaller clubs, due to the huge loss of income from the lack of crowds, among other profitable economic activities that clubs such as Real Madrid and Barcelona enjoy above others.
A return for crowds to stadiums
When speaking on a return of crowds to stadiums, the La Liga chief seemed tremendously confident in their ability to host crowds as early as tomorrow. He claimed that they would have to run at between 20% to 30% capacity; nonetheless, the Spaniard was confident that teams would be more than capable of hosting crowds very soon.
Speaking on the same, he said, “There is a working group for the return [of fans] to the stadiums. I hope that in the last league games we can see the public in a proportional amount.”
Upcoming transfer window
Speaking on the summer transfer window, the president claimed that there will indeed be a lower amount of transfers as there were in the previous window. Tebas said, “They have already been lower in winter. There may be occasional and exceptional operations, but globally it will decrease. There will be exchanges of players. It’s going to be lower than last year.”
Accordingly, clubs are going to have to dig into their academy reserves more and more as the global and financial situations amend over time.