Connect with us

Barça News

Lautaro Martínez talks about the summer rumours of playing alongside Messi

Domagoj Kostanjšak

Published

on

Photo by Pedro UGARTE / AFP

It has been quite a while since we’ve last heard about any concrete rumours of Lautaro Martínez potentially joining Barcelona. The Argentine striker was previously a hot target for the Catalans but following a long hassling period with Inter, and some untimely financial issues, the Azulgranas had to abandon their quest.

Now, other players seem to take priority over the young star as Ronald Koeman looks to strengthen the squad even further. However, back in Italy where Martínez is currently playing, the media seem to still have some interest in that particular story.

Recently, the Argentine was asked about the summer rumours of him wanting to play alongside his compatriot, Lionel Messi. The quotes were given to Gazzetta dello Sport but were relayed by Calciomercato.

“It [playing with Messi] was a dream for me too, of course, because playing with him is fantastic. He is the best player in the world. I am lucky enough to play in the national team with him. We, young people, look up to him,” said Lautaro.

These statements don’t come as a particularly big surprise to many. As he mentions himself, young players look up to Leo and who wouldn’t want to share the pitch with him?

Seeing Martínez at the Camp Nou, however, would be extremely difficult given the club’s current circumstances and Inter’s unwillingness to lower their asking price. He is a talent, though, and that much has to be said.

Maybe the transfer can happen further down the line but at the moment, playing with Messi, apart from the national team, could remain a distant dream for the young Argentine star.

I’ve been a Barcelona fan for more than half of my life. What started as blind love is slowly turning into professional writing. Now, I get to write about Barca, analyse them, and voice my opinions on them across platforms. I’m happy to be a part of this big project.

Advertisement

Barça News

David Beckham confirms Messi has been mentioned in MLS plans

Aaryan Parasnis

Published

on

Photo by Clive Rose/Getty Images

During the presentation of the new Inter Miami kit, club owner and former football superstar David Beckham confirmed that he has big ambitions for his side. The Englishman has been making major headway since he founded the club, who began playing in Major League Soccer (MLS) last season.

The Miami based club unveiled their secondary jersey, named La Palma on Saturday. Beckham, during the ceremony spoke about his plans for the club, stating how important it is to attract the biggest names in football.

The former Real Madrid and Manchester United man addressed rumours about both Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. He said: “I know that in Miami our fans want to see great stars. Messi and Ronaldo have been mentioned, have been at the top of their game and have been the best for the last 15 years. We want to attract the best players.”

Speaking about the talent he has already managed to attract, Beckham added: “We already have players like Higuaín and Matuidi who already bring shine and glamour, but in the future we want to have the opportunity to bring big name signings.”

Back when Messi asked to leave Barcelona last summer, the Argentine was linked however briefly to a move to the MLS. Inter Miami, being the most possible suitors. However, Messi ended up staying in Spain after a complicated transfer saga.

There is no doubt that with Beckham at the helm, Inter Miami could attract a ton of big names in the future. However, a move to the States would most certainly be a step sideways for Messi, considering he still has years left at the top in Europe.

Continue Reading