Jordi Moix, the Barcelona vice-president, has spoken tonight. Josep Maria Bartomeu’s right-hand man has said some pretty shady things and has clarified many rumours surrounding the club’s dealings. In his presser, he has also addressed resigning along with the board.
First, the vice-president stated that the Arthur-Pjanic swap deal was made to balance the books, along with the Cillessen-Neto deal that happened in 2019. These claims just clarify what everyone knew: Barcelona has done some shady deals under Bartomeu’s tenure. Moix even tried to justify his and his colleagues’ business by saying that they consulted the technical staff for approval. He also talked about Eric García’s deal and why Barcelona were reluctant to go big for a player that was in the last year of his contract.
“The Pjanic-Arthur swap was made to balance the books, but we consulted the technical staff and we received their approval.”Jordi Moix (Barcelona Vice President)
After addressing the shady dealings that have gone on at Camp Nou, he then hinted at the board possibly resigning, something Bartomeu has been reluctant to do for a while.
“We haven’t ruled out anything.”Jordi Moix (Barcelona Vıce President) when asked whether they consider resigning
With the motion of censure beginning to take form, Jordi Moix’s words come as the board’s last cry as, for once, they’ve been truly honest with the fans.
Source: Toni Juanmartí via Rac1
David Beckham confirms Messi has been mentioned in MLS plans
During the presentation of the new Inter Miami kit, club owner and former football superstar David Beckham confirmed that he has big ambitions for his side. The Englishman has been making major headway since he founded the club, who began playing in Major League Soccer (MLS) last season.
The Miami based club unveiled their secondary jersey, named La Palma on Saturday. Beckham, during the ceremony spoke about his plans for the club, stating how important it is to attract the biggest names in football.
The former Real Madrid and Manchester United man addressed rumours about both Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. He said: “I know that in Miami our fans want to see great stars. Messi and Ronaldo have been mentioned, have been at the top of their game and have been the best for the last 15 years. We want to attract the best players.”
Speaking about the talent he has already managed to attract, Beckham added: “We already have players like Higuaín and Matuidi who already bring shine and glamour, but in the future we want to have the opportunity to bring big name signings.”
Back when Messi asked to leave Barcelona last summer, the Argentine was linked however briefly to a move to the MLS. Inter Miami, being the most possible suitors. However, Messi ended up staying in Spain after a complicated transfer saga.
There is no doubt that with Beckham at the helm, Inter Miami could attract a ton of big names in the future. However, a move to the States would most certainly be a step sideways for Messi, considering he still has years left at the top in Europe.