Connect with us

Barça News

Barcelona told to pay €8m for Uruguayan wonderkid, but club offering only €6m

Published

on

Photo by JUAN BARRETO/AFP via Getty Images

According to a fresh report from Mundo Deportivo, Barcelona and Liverpool Montevideo are yet to reach an economic agreement for the transfer of midfield wonderkid Fabricio Diaz.

Earlier this week, reports in Uruguay claimed that the Catalans had already closed the signing of the 20-year-old holding midfielder. But it has since been reported that a deal is not advanced but the Blaugrana are working towards signing him.

The operation will certainly be dictated by the club’s Financial Fair Play situation, but the midfielder is understood to be willing to wait for Barcelona.

Now, Mundo Deportivo has come up with a fresh take on the situation, stating that the economic difference between the two clubs is not insurmountable.

Liverpool Montevideo are seeking a transfer fee of €8 million for 70% of Diaz’s rights with an obligation to purchase the remaining 30% after a certain time if the midfielder is not transferred to a different club.

However, Barcelona, for their part, are understood to be offering only €6 million for the 20-year-old midfield sensation. While the difference between the two sums is not large, there is still work to be done for the two parties to reach an agreement.

Diaz shone brightly for Uruguay’s U-20 side at the South American U-20 Championships earlier this year. The midfielder is now preparing for the FIFA U-20 World Cup which will kick off on May 20.

Ideally, Barcelona would have preferred to close the deal for the youngster by then as there is a risk of his value shooting up if he does well in the World Cup. It now remains to be seen if the Catalans make any progress in their pursuit of Diaz.

Trending Articles